100 Minutes of Insanity 10/21
The Unknown Artists’ PLAY CLUB WEST is currently accepting submissions of 10 minute new works for its 100 MINUTES OF INSANITY festival on Tuesday, October 21st.
Play Club West fosters a community of actors, writers, and performing artists by sponsoring readings of new and established works. We strive to enhance the performing arts community of Los Angeles by offering weekly table readings, monthly staged readings, and affordable classes and workshops.
PLAY CLUB meets weekly on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 pm at The Complex in the Dorie Theatre (6476 Santa Monica Blvd). We are a group of primarily 30 something, comic-loving actors. For previous productions, check out https://uaplayclubwest.wordpress.com/past-productions/.
We are MOST interested in forming relationships with LA-based playwrights. Scripts from LA-based playwrights will be given preferential treatment.
Material accepted: Any 10 minute play about insanity.
If selected, Unknown Artists will present your piece during our festival. We will provide:
• A cast
• A theatre space
• A reading free of charge to audience members
The Unknown Artists’ mission is to provide opportunities for talented, unknown individuals to thrive on a stage enabling them to show off their gifts of music, acting, dance, comedy, film and all categories of art. Founded in 2007 by Emily Clark and Pamela Eberhardt, the Unknown Artists search far and wide for an explosive amount of talent that is of a specific, unheard of, untraveled artistry.
• Only 1 submission per playwright
• Deadline for submission is Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
• Submit a PDF of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only PDFs are accepted. No other formats are read.
• Please make sure title page with author email address and character breakdown is included within the script PDF. Please do not send these or synopsis as separate files.
• Please do not send reviews of past productions. We are only interested in the script itself.